Glenelg Shire Council
CALLING ALL EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATORS!!
CASUAL POSITIONS AVAILABLE
CERTIFICATE III / DIPLOMA / BACHELOR QUALIFIED
$29.75 – $42.62 gross per hour (dependent on experience and qualification)
Our Values| Respect | Integrity | Teamwork | Service Excellence | Innovation
About Glenelg Shire Council
Glenelg Shire is renowned for its landscapes which include the Budj Bim National Heritage Landscape, expansive beaches, scenic and rugged coast with large national parks. We acknowledge and respect the Traditional Owners of the region, the Gunditjmara, Bunganditj and Jarwadjali people.
As Equal Opportunity Employer, Council welcomes applications from all members of our community and those outside the area too. Glenelg Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people. Council takes pride in being a child-safe organisation and is committed to the wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees.
Council is committed to ongoing professional development, training and investment in our employees. We provide opportunities to work flexibly, balancing your work goals with your life goals. We offer a wide range of staff benefits, including discounted gym memberships, health insurance and well-being program
About the Role
If you have a positive outlook, love team work and collaboration, and are passionate about working with children, then we have the perfect role for you with our Children’s Services Unit here at Glenelg Shire Council.
To be considered for these roles you will have previous experience working with children and an understanding of legislative and regulatory requirements including the National Quality Framework and Early Childhood Education and Care National Regulations and Law.
Applicants actively working towards their Early Childhood Educator qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with children, families, colleagues, and the centre community.
- Develop and implement an innovative early learning program reflective of current early years thinking and practice.
- Document children’s learning and development.
- Actively working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
You will have:
- Cert III / Diploma or Bachelor Early Childhood Qualification (or working towards)
- VIT Registration (Teachers only)
- HLTAID004 First Aid Certificate
- Knowledge of the National Quality Framework and an understanding of how this this reflects on daily practice.
- Demonstrated experience working with children and families.
- Experience in assisting in the development and implementation of an educational program
- Excellent skills in verbal and written communication with children, staff and the wider community.
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly and collaboratively with all staff.
- Ability to manage risks and identify health and safety issues pertaining to workplace
- Satisfactory Police Records check and valid Working with Children Check are essential requirements.
Benefits of working with us:
- Ongoing professional development & training
- Career development opportunities
- A supportive and friendly team environment
- Active Social Club
- Values-based culture
- Corporate health insurance
- Wellbeing initiatives including discounted gym membership
- Salary sacrifice options; superannuation, vehicle leasing, etc.
Positions are subject to a satisfactory National Police Check, Working with Children Check, pre-employment medical, alcohol and other drug screening and the Victoria’s Chief Health Officer ‘s directive that COVID-19 vaccination will be made a requirement of work for staff in early childhood settings.
Click the Position Description link to view more information about these positions. Applicants will need to provide a brief cover letter and resume.
To apply for this job please visit hcm618.peoplestreme.net.