Karreeta Peeneeyt Mara Portland Child and Family Complex
Permanent Kindergarten Teacher (Portland ) – Position to commence in 2022
23.5 hours per week (Part -Time) Hourly Rate – $32.04 – $53.41 + Superannuation
Pay rate will depend on applicants experience in accordance with Early Education Employees Agreement 2020
About Glenelg Shire Council
Glenelg Shire is renowned for its landscapes which include the Budj Bim National Heritage Landscape, expansive beaches, scenic and rugged coast with large national parks. We acknowledge and respect the Traditional Owners of the region, the Gunditjimara, Bunganditj and Jarwadjali people.
As Equal Opportunity Employer, Council welcomes applications from all members of our community and those outside the area too. Glenelg Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.
Council takes pride in being a child-safe organisation and is committed to the wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees.
Our Values| Respect | Integrity | Teamwork | Service Excellence | Innovation
About the Role
Do you have a passion for working in the early year sector, supporting children to grow, learn and develop?
Do you have good communication skills, are organised and team oriented? If so, you may be interested in the 23.5 hours per week position of Kindergarten Teacher primarily based at Karreeta Peeneeyt Mara Portland Child & Family Complex within the Children’s Services Team.
Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Ensuring the provision of a high quality educational kindergarten program for children 3-6 years of age, by planning, implementing and evaluating appropriate programs.
- Be one of three educational leaders at the service
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with children, parents/guardians, staff and the broader community.
- Develop and mentor staff / students / volunteers to ensure that they are motivated, committed and possess the necessary skills to carry out their roles effectively.
- The successful applicant may be required to work at an alternate early childhood education and care service in Portland.
You will have:
- Bachelor of Teaching (Early Childhood) or other qualifications in accordance with the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011.
- Knowledge of the NQF, VEYLDF, the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011, Education Care Services National Law Act 2010, related legislation and regulations and how these guide a high quality educational program.
- Understanding of Victoria’s Child Safe Standards
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency First Aid response in an education and care setting or equivalent.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to deliver innovative flexible educational programs including mixed age groups.
- Excellent communication skills including report writing skills.
- Developed time management and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Satisfactory Police Check & Valid Teacher Registration.
To apply for this position please complete the online application form, including your resume and a brief cover letter demonstrating your suitability to the role
If you are successful in this role, you will enjoy:
- Ongoing professional development and training
- A supportive and friendly team environment
- Career development opportunities
- Active Social Club
- Positive work/life balance
- Values-based culture
- Corporate health insurance
- Wellbeing initiatives including discounted gym membership
- Salary sacrifice options; superannuation, vehicle leasing, etc.
Council is an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Positions are subject to a satisfactory National Police Check, Working with Children Check, pre-employment medical, alcohol and other drug screening and the Victoria’s Chief Health Officer ‘s directive that COVID-19 vaccination will be made a requirement of work for staff in early childhood settings.
To apply for this job please visit hcm618.peoplestreme.net.